Hand quilting love: Block one and two

I've joined a new class and must say I loooooove hand quilting !  I never thought I'd say that.  It's just so much more sociable than machine sewing.  I can sit in the lounge or outside in the sunshine, no loud noise or keeping little fingers away from buttons and cables.

These are the first two blocks from the nine block sampler I'm making.  Each block will be a different design.

Block one.  I was tempted by a Japanese print and a batik.  I'm happy with how the red and orange from the print are picked up by the other squares.


Block two - Churn Dash.  Being a bit more careful with the pennies here and recycling some fabrics I already had.  The colours looked best this way round, but next time I'd be more careful about how the print joins. Still, pretty please with this :)


Comments

  1. Wat mooi. Ik ben benieuwd naar de rest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci! Negen blokken in totaal.... :)

      Delete
  2. Ooohh, leuk, ik ben zelf bezig met een quilt met allemaal blokken zoals jou blok 2. Maar doordat ik een andere kleurindeling gebruik, lijkt het helemaal anders! Deze is ook heel mooi. Vind het blokje met de tekening in het midden heel leuk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wauw, inderdaad helemaal anders hé. Leuk toch :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer quilting project - halfway

Claire's quilted blanket

Sunday morning bliss